Friday, March 9, 2012

T.G.I.F.

Those of you who follow me on Twitter know that I spent the last 3 weeks working on an insanly tedious Neuro-Linguistics paper...but I finished it last night (and it is awesome!).

...Obviously this called for celebration...and shopping, so here's my "Yay-My-Paper-is-Done-Friday" in pictures:  



I started with the shopping, and found an awesome Hugo Boss silk dress  at my favorite thrift store (40 bucks, tags still on). After that I went straight to Burberry. I promised myself a new coat for  finishing the paper, and ended up with this fantastic spring raincoat.  The afternoon portion of the day was spend with the most relaxing thing in the world: 


Painting - and here's the result:  


It's inspired by a drawing I saw on Twitter, and will probably go into the hallway or my closet...I'll keep you updated. 


After a colorful dinner, it was time for some iPad crime fighting in victorian London (wearing my very awesome David and Goliath lounge pants - cause that's how I roll).

...And just because this post still doesn't do justice to my mood today I dare you to listen to THIS while looking at a picture of Benedict Cumberbatch holding a plastic lamb:


Peace, Love and Sunshine
Laura (select comment as: Name/URL - and double check to make sure your comment shows up - sometimes you have to try twice!)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the outfit!!!!!! You have amazing taste!!! You GOT THE JACKET!!! and you FINISHED THE PAPER!!!!! yay!!!! Whenever I'd check my phone there was always you saying something funny about how horrible the paper was!!!! I'm glad you finished it!!!!!

    omigod so honestly wow you're so so so talented, the paintings amazing. WOW!! You just like blew my mind!!!

    and of course a Psych iPad cover? and Benedict C. I should have know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post!! Love the dress and raincoat soo cute :) Your dinner looks so bright and delicious. I love hard boiled eggs too, pairs perfectly with a nice salad!

    ReplyDelete