Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Definitely not a bag person....

You might have noticed that I'm not a bag person. I love a fun clutch for the night...but for the daytime I'm  perfectly content as long as my Longchamp Pilage Bags match my outfit.

...Still, the bags have been suffering from what I like to call the "Ed Hardy effect" - used to be awesome until  everyone and their mother started buying them.  Don't get me wrong I do still like the bags, they go with everything, are practically indestructible (I would know), and relatively affordable.  

But lets be honest, the bags are as overexposed as the Louis Vuitton Monogram Speedy (once a status symbol, now the epitome of tacky).

So how can we fix that?  Well, make it slouchier, replace the Nylon with the softest leather you have ever touched, add a strap,  and then a zero to the price tag, et voilá:

Available in the US via Neimans for $590
And in Europe via Longchamp for €375

The Longchamp Le Pilage Cuir Satchel ...in the most perfect shade of blue ever. I received the bag as a present, and if I had bought it for myself I probably would have gone with the smaller version, as this is huge, and I tend to overpack if the bag allows it. I do, however, love the fact that this one holds my iPad, a 2 liter water bottle, my yoga mat, and my parka...  I guess I do love huge bags after all.


 With Elin's  Baker Street key chain ;)

...And this isn't even the only new edition to my bag collection (didn't I start this post with the words "I'm not a bag person”? Oh well...) The other purchase is:  a Mulberry Alexa!

...on a Canvas tote!


I saw this on ebay, and thought it was hilarious. 

…And the perfect placeholder until I get the real thing.  


Peace, Love and Sunshine
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post dude. I'm really not a bag person lol i only ever use my Converse school bag xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is such a cute bag love it! So it also comes in a smaller version. What other colours?? It's so great that you can even fit your iPad in it too :)

    ReplyDelete