Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 11: Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree

What's the best thing about Christmas besides cheesy made for TV movies? Christmas songs of course! Here's my top 5:

1) Capital Lights:  His favorite Christmas Story
I heard this one last year at H&M, and loved it so much that I downloaded it in the store (gotta do something while waiting in those long lines). And no matter how often I hear it, the story still gives me goosebumps every single time. 

2) Everclear: Santa Baby
Santa Baby, sung by a guy with a raspy voice. Enough said.

3) Kingston (Carter Twins): Let it Snow!
I love these guys! They are one of the most genuine, sweetest, and talented artists out there, and Let It Snow is my favorite Christmas classic. It's a combination that can't be beat (unless, of course, they'd be singing Santa Baby).

...that looks like fun.

4) We Shoot The Moon: Up On The House Top
Another classic, but I with a modern twist, and lots of whistling ...and it's so fun to sing along. Go ahead, try it!  

This one is hands down my favorite from Sufjan's overwhelming Christmas Album (59 songs!). The honest lyrics, the interesting beat, the silly "ho, ho, ho"s - it's a song that stands out in the best way possible.

Bonus:

6) The Summer Set: Old Mexico
Technically not a Christmas song, but it's on the band's Holiday album, and you need something for New Year's Eve besides Auld Lang Syne, right? 


Which is your favorite Christmas Song? Let me know, comment below!

Peace, Love and Mistletoe
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Well you already know that Tipp Tapp is my fav Christmas song ;) but I also love Deck the Halls, Rudolph and Jingle Bells :P

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete