Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Hump Day Homework: Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys


Which book has influenced you the most? The Great Gatsby? The Catcher in the Rye? On The Road? I bet that 8 out of 10 will choose one of these great classics, and with good reason, but for me it has always been Stephen Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I discovered the book when I was 14 or 15, and re-read it many times during the last 10 years, loving and understanding it a little bit more each time. The last time I picked it up was right before seeing the movie, a movie I was rather skeptical about: Will the actors live up to the characters in my head? Will the story loose it's intimacy? Thoughts every book lover can relate to…



But with Chbosky himself providing the script, and directing it, there wasn't much that could go wrong.  And let's just say that I might have enjoyed the movie even more than the book, which might have a lot to do with the brilliant soundtrack

So to celebrate the movie's DVD release:

Watch, read, and Listen to: The Perks of Being A Wallflower


Peace, Love, and (Hershey) Kisses
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment