Sunday, April 14, 2013

It's a Cycle...

This week's IFB project asked us to blog about sustainable style, and what it means to us. Well for me it means mainly one thing: Recycling. 

A good half of my wardrobe comes from thrift stores, flew markets, or my parent's closet.  Ever since I was a little kid I loved shopping at thrift or secondhand stores. The main reasons were A) I loved having things that no one else had, and B) the mystery: Who had owned the clothes before me? Where had they been? And what had they been through? The Nancy Drew in me found it fascinating.  After I grew out off my finds I usually sold them at the Sunday morning flew market - long before I discovered Ebay.

It was a cycle. I found something,  enjoyed it for a while, and passed it on to someone else. And except for Ebay entering the equation not much has changed.



These are only some my favorite finds, and yes that's a real Mulberry, and it cost me less than a venti latte at Starbucks, because the leather was stained - which just makes it that much cooler to me.

So give "recycling" your clothes a try, you'll never know what you might find.


Peace, Love, and Spring Showers
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I love buying second hand clothes. Such a great way to have sustainable style!

    ReplyDelete