Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Memorable Meals

The main character of my favorite book series, (Diana Perterfreund's Secret Society Girl) has a weakness for Greek salad, and whenever I think of the books I find myself craving feta bits and olives. 

This got me thinking about the role food plays in other books, and apparently I am not the only one who found the topic intriguing, because photographer Dinah Fried put together an entire book that focusses on literary cuisine:




The book captures culinary moments from contemporary and classic literature, such as the tea that was served in Wonderland, the chicken breakfast from To Kill a Mockingbird, Holden's Swiss cheese sandwich from The Catcher in the Rye:


…or my personal favorite from On The Road


Do you remember a dish from your favorite book? 


Check out Fictious Dishes here 
or visit the Fictious Dishes Facebook Page 



Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment