Friday, February 13, 2015

Stay Tuned

I'll admit, if it wasn't for The Middle I would have no idea that today is "World Radio Day", and even after learning about it on the show I didn't really care, until I decided to look it up.

source

World Radio Day  is about celebrating  the importance of radio.  Personally, I was never much of a radio-listener. I sometimes listen to college stations, or the occasional tennis match  but that's pretty much it,  which is sad because it is such a diverse and important medium:  It offers millions of programs, reaches more people in more places than any other medium. And is a bridge of communication for remote communities, that often don't have other connections to the outside world. Yet, many still think of it as "boring" – but World Radio Day is doing its best to change that:  



Click here to find out how to celebrate World Radio Day



Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment