Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Feet

Spring always means new shoes, and as much as I tried to talk myself into liking the running shoe trend, it just isn't for me. I love it on other people, but I just don't feel like myself if I'm wearing running shoes when I am not actually working out.

…But that doesn't mean that I'm opposed to sneakers all together, especially considering recent improvements:


Unbenannt #100
Vans  /Converse / Keds


I used to own a pair of gray Vans with a flamingo print, that were rather questionable, but I love the sleek look of the new leather versions.  They're understated enough to go with almost everything,  but still  kind of edgy – which is always a plus.  

I've never been a fan of girly Converse styles (those ballet flats are the worst!), they just never look right, but the "Shoreline" might be their best invention yet!  They look exactly like  the classic ones, but the shorter tongue prevents that clown-shoe look, and the scrunched back ensures a perfect fit. 

Keds, Keds, Keds, I'm not ashamed to admit that I own more than one of the designs from the Taylor Swift collection, which has less to do with my love for Taylor, and more with my love for stripes and anchors. While Vans and Converse can easily slip into juvenile territory if they have crazy prints, the classic nature of Keds is a little more forgiving, and I love how a cute printed shoe can add a little something extra to an otherwise plain outfit.  


Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura 

No comments:

Post a Comment