Monday, April 6, 2015

Penmanship 2.0

This is officially the longest time I've ever gone without blogging, but I do have a good reason, a Master's thesis that  required my undivided attention.  But now that's done and to celebrate I made my own font (nerd alert).  

Between my dad and me, there are at least four of those handwriting tablets floating around. But why go through the trouble of setting up an extra device when you can just save your own handwriting  as a font? That's right, you can save your own handwriting on your computer, and it is super easy, too:




Go to My Script Font, download and print the template, fill it out, scan it in (Don't have a scanner? Just use this),  name your font, and download it. That's it!  

You might need a few tries to get it to look just right (make sure to really follow the guidelines or the spacing will look wonky), and be sure to try out different pens to see what works best for your handwriting. 

Have fun!  



Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment