Sunday, May 10, 2015

Zucchini Fries

Happy May!  I know I'm late, but you know exams... But to make up for the lack of posts, I am going to share my favorite snack ever: zucchini fries. 

After kale and brussels sprouts, zucchinis seem to be the vegetable of the moment, and I couldn't be happier about it.  I love to just cut them up and cook them in the air fryer, or use them as a healthy spaghetti substitute, but if I do have a little more time Zucchini fries are the way to go. And unlike regular fries, these things are actually good for you. 

picture

You need (serves two):
1 large zucchini
2 Eggs
Flour 
Breadcrumbs

Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F,  line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and cut the zucchini into sticks – you can make them as thick or thin as you want (the thicker you make them, the longer your fries will have to bake).  Fill a plastic bag with flour add the sticks, and shake (you can also coat every stick individually but this is a huge timesaver).  Put the eggs into a bowl, and add the flour coated sticks. One last stop in the breadcrumb bowl and on to the baking sheet they go...  Bake until they are golden brown (depending on the size of your fries, this can take anything from 10 to 25 minutes), and enjoy! 

What's your favorite way to eat zucchini? 


Peace, Love, and Lobster
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment