Thursday, August 20, 2015

The Rock Show

I admit was a bit skeptical about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, the cast is awesome, the promos looked fun... but comedy is always a slippery slope. But then I watched the pilot, and now I have a new favorite comedy.

The premise is simple, aging "has-never-been" Johnny Rock (Denis Leary), gets a chance to turn his life around when his estranged daughter Gigi (Liz Gillies – I've been a fan of her since her Victorious days, and excited to see her in a "grown up" tole) hires him and his old band mates to kickstart her own career. 


                                       


The characters are hilarious, the guest stars are out of this world (Joan freakin' Jett!),  the soundtrack is awesome, and  don't even get me started on the perfection that is Liz Gillie's wardrobe… 

And you don't even have to be a music freak to enjoy it,  I watched it with a friend who doesn't share my enthusiasm for that aspect of the show and she also loved it.  

Check out Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll Thursdays on FX. 


Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment