Friday, November 6, 2015

Flats for Fall

As much as I love cold weather, I've always been a little jealous of people who live in a climate that allows wearing flats in the fall. I just love the way they look with jeans and a classic peacoat, but since I walk pretty much everywhere and hate being cold, it just wasn't an option.  

But lately, it's been unusually warm here, warm enough to pull my flats out of storage and maybe even pick up a new pair.  There are, however, a couple of things to keep in mind when shopping for fall flats, because no matter how high the number on the thermostat is, the ground is still cold …and no one wants to lose a toe:

1) Look for sturdy soles and/or small heels, in the summer I love my flats to be as lightweight as possible, but a barely there leather sole won't do in the colder months.

2) Go up half a size, so there's enough room for a cozy insole.

3) Go for darker colors and play with texture (calf hair is not only stylish, it's also extremely durable!)



fall flats

The camo pair is everything…

Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment