Sunday, March 13, 2016

Ballet Shoes

It's the same thing every year, spring comes around and pastels start popping up everywhere. And as much as I love a blush jacket or a baby pink sweater on the hanger, the moment I put it on I feel like I'm wearing a Halloween costume. It's just too girly, too cutesy …too not me.  But  there are a couple of exceptions:  A pastel scarf is the perfect way to add some lightness to a winter coat, a blush bucket bag is one of the most versatile things you can own, and the one thing you really can't go wrong with are shoes:

blush shoes

I'm personally partial to the Keds, they are a fun spin on the white sneaker trend, and definitely just as versatile.  And those Nikes are so wonderfully 80s…  

But if sneakers aren't your thing, look for men's wear inspired pieces like a classic pair of loafers or opt for a fresh take of the fringed bootie … and if all fails, there's always the tried-and-true ballet flat.

What's your favorite way to wear pastels? 


Peace, Love, and Lobsters
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment